A VPN is a fictional ‘tunnel’ that allows you to securely exchange information over the Internet. This ‘tunnel’ does not exist in reality, it is a private network with imaginary. We will now focus on the keyword ‘safe’. The Internet is a place for open information exchange. Since it is a public network, that is, everyone in the world is connected, there is a risk that the privacy of information will be leaked in the case of direct information exchange. To avoid this risk, VPN is the safest way to connect to your own private network. This method creates an imaginary tunnel on the Internet to connect users and private networks. Named VPN (Virtual Private Network), this tool is used for internet and security.
How does it works?
A VPN client can connect to a VPN server via an external network interface. An imaginary tunnel is created on the Internet to connect users and private networks through VPN. In this way, information is exchanged in an encrypted state, so that the information is kept secure. The private network for VPN has a VPN server and the VPN client is configured on the user’s PC. When a user wants to connect to his private network via VPN, he must first confirm the internet connection on his PC and then login to the VPN server through the VPN client. After logging in, even if the user is far away from his network, he will still get all the benefits of the private network.
Advantages of VPN
Data can be exchanged securely using VPN.
No one will be able to track your location using VPN.
Hides IP address (Internet Protocol address). That is, prevents IP tracking.
Get full speed net from your internet service provider IPS.
VPN allows you to browse any web site in the world using a virtual location.
With VPN you can visit blocked web sites on the router of ISP, office or organization. For example, if Facebook is blocked in our country, you can still access Facebook using a VPN.
It serves as a way to secure communication and encrypt data. This means that a VPN can connect your machine to a virtual network and quickly encrypt all the data you send, that is, hide it from the public domain and keep track of your browsing history.
Disadvantages of using VPN
Have you ever wondered if anyone can see the communication you are doing or what you are doing through the internet? If this is the case then maybe it is not just you but many people in particular. Public WiFi is an ideal place for hackers so there are a lot of risks to your privacy and security. In addition, your ISP (Internet service provider) can easily see your browsing history. And to solve such problems, the idea of vpn (virtual private network) is coming.
Slow speed: Encryption and decryption require a lot of processing power to move data, but the current computer can easily overcome this problem, but VPN takes a little longer because all the data comes through it, so the speed of Internet browsing is also a bit slow.
Unsafe VPN: VPN offers many benefits but they can steal our data by themselves to give us security. However, premium VPNs do not work this way. But in the case of free gola, there is such fear. Because even if they give free, they also have to earn money in one way or another. So we should spend some money to take so much advantage.
Using a VPN will increase your internet privacy and security many times over. So if you are aware of your own safety, you must use VPN. However, in the case of free VPN, it is better not to use it without being sure.
Why use a VPN?
1. Your ISP will not be able to see your traffic: Your ISP will not be able to find out if you are using a VPN. They can only see you connected to VPN and nothing else.
2. Prevention of IP Address Tracking: The biggest effective benefit is that VPN will give you ample amount of privacy. Websites will not be able to see your real IP address when you are connected to a VPN. They can only see the VPN’s IP address. You will get IP from there due to using VPN. And that is the IP of different countries at different times. Suppose you are in Bangladesh but if someone tries to track you with IP, you may see America, Canada or any other country.
3. Safe use of public WiFi: This is a very preferred place for hackers due to the weak security of public WiFi. So it is safe to connect via VPN when using public WiFi. Open public WiFi hotspots are hotspots that do not require a password to connect to WiFi. It does not even interfere with the exchange of data between your device and the hotspot. This means that your data may be hacked if you use the free WiFi zone. If you use a VPN, the VPN is located between your network connection and the device and uses your device and VPN encrypted connection. As a result, even if the hacker intercepts the data packet for some reason, he will not be able to see the data because it is encrypted.
4. Use of Virtual Location: VPN is a virtual private network. VPN lets you browse any website in the world using a virtual location. If you are a VPN user, you can visit that site using a virtual location in the US from Bangladesh. Again, in our country, Facebook is blocked from time to time. In that case, you can go to America through VPN and run Facebook from sitting in Bangladesh.
5. Access to blocked web sites: Many times different web sites are banned in different countries. In that case, you can easily access those sites using VPN. Because the IP that VPN will give you is fake IP of another country. Suppose you are in Bangladesh now but a site in Bengali America has been blocked. Now if you want to visit that site then you have to go to America.
6. Bypass Web Filter: Your VPN will help you bypass web filters in schools or offices. Suppose you have blocked YouTube or Facebook websites on your PC. But you need to watch an important tutorial on YouTube. What to do if you visit the site at that time and see that the site is blocked? You don’t have to do much, you connect your VPN then browse and you will easily see that you have gone to the YouTube site. . Avoid ISP Throttling: If you are going to be throttling from an Internet Service Provider (ISP), you must have a VPN. Not all ISPs do that, but some ISPs make your internet world smaller. Your ISP will not be able to throat you when you use VPN. This means that the company that gave you the internet connection blocked many websites. Usually, you cannot visit these websites. But if you want, you can connect VPN and visit everything comfortably.
Is it illegal to use VPN?
For so long I have been talking about disguise, website unblocking and many more. So the question may come, is it not illegal? In a word, no! VPN is just a way to keep your personal information or privacy secret. However, if you have done something illegal using VPN, then it is definitely illegal!
How secure is a VPN?
A VPN can protect you from a rogue ISP. But what if that VPN provider company started stealing your data? Or what are you doing online, start saving them? That could happen! But that will only happen when you start using a rogue VPN provider’s application. Here too the matter of running after that free thing can be brought up. When you go looking for software to use VPN, you will see that the number of these software’s is innumerable. Many companies offer free unlimited VPN access. Again many have to pay to use their VPN service. So don’t go for less than your full potential. Try to know in advance how trustworthy the VPN service provider is. So do a little research on the web, try to find out what benefits a VPN provider is giving you.
VPN is undoubtedly one of the best ways to maintain your personal security and privacy on the Internet. But don’t think that VPN is the only way to protect privacy. There are many more powerful ways to protect privacy. Tor Browser is one such example. However, it is much more complicated than using a VPN. So all in all, it is best to use a VPN for an average user. However, for those who are worried about the security of a little unique height, I will come up with the details of the Tor browser and any next article!